Welcome to Tejal Yoga. This is your home to learn about yoga for your life. I offer yoga using my name Tejal, as Tej means radiance in Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language. I hope the yoga you practice with me brings you brightness, clarity, and lets light and lightness radiate through you! The yoga practice I offer is accessible for all people, any level.
I specialize in private, prenatal, & semi-private sessions designed to meet your physical, emotional, or wellness need. My philosophy and teaching is based on the 8-limbs of yoga (click to read more). It's my pleasure to sculpt sessions to be sure you are seen and heard.
I am a passionate advocate for the Indian American teacher in the Western offerings of yoga. I believe in diverse representation for all people of color (POC) in yoga and create offerings that are inclusive, accessible for all body types, income and experience levels. My aim is to offer a practice that raises the power of all individuals and communities involved with yoga.
I'd love to hear how yoga is part of your life and where you feel more representation could be beneficial. You can email me your thoughts anytime here.
E-RYT-200, RYT 500
Tejal's trainings include:
- 8 Hr Mental Health First Aid Responders for Youth Training, NYC Dept. of Mental Health, Jul 2018
- 20 Hr Mindfulness Practices for Vulnerable Youth, Lineage Project, May 2018
- 8 Hr Mental Health First Aid Responders for Youth Training, NYC Dept. of Mental Health, Apr 2018
- 1 Day Diversity Training with Bending Towards Justice, Feb 2018
- 75 Hr Yoga Mentorship with Juliana Mitchell of Living Now Yoga, Winter 2018
- 20 Hr Inclusivity Training for Yoga with Chelsea Roberts, Summer 2017
- 40 Hr Prenatal Yoga Training, The Yoga Room, Long Island City, NY May 2016
- 40 Hr Restorative Yoga Training Judith Hanson Lasater, Rochester, NY Sept 2015
- 100 Hr Functional Anatomy for Yoga Teachers Yoga 216, Chelsea, New York Mar-Jul 2015
- 300 Hr Hatha Yoga Adv Teacher Training Aarsha Yoga Vidya Peetham, Kerala, India Nov 2014
- 200 Hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training The Yoga Room, Astoria, NY 2012 - 2013